Thursday, September 20, 2007

Eternal Blues of a Clock-Watching Mind !!

I am getting more and more relentless and annoyed of the office culture now .

Reason : Why the heck do people fail to see the obvious and do stuffs just for the sake of doing it without foreseeing that it makes no impact to the final result.

Sorry for digging again that cliched office stuff but really cant help it. One more thing if you have taken me for a worker who tries to skip the work then take a look at this def. of clock-watching.

Now that I am done with the boasting let me tell you of some funny incidences of my workplace.

1) It was our second week in the office and it was 3 days since we had moved to our apartment . The area was facing a shortage in water supply owing to a municipality strike and the bore well had gone bad as well. We brought a couple of buckets of water from downstairs daily (thats all we got in those 4-5 days for 4 of us, we could have got more had laziness not prevailed) and come to office after brushing our precious enamels. And in the process two of us got late to the office one day for the first time and as Mr. Merphy would have predicted, our CEO caught us coming late. The conversation went something like this :

CEO : Why are you guys late?
Before I could say a word, My partner in crime 'X' : Sir we have a water problem at our apartment. (Me:WTH is he saying?)
CEO: So what?
X : Sir Shobhit had to take a bath. (Me: Swearing profusely in my mind but helpless)
CEO : What do you mean that Shobhit had to take a bath?
X : Sir actually we have this water problem for 3 days now and Shobhit had not taken a bath for these three days so he had to and thus we got late.

And this was the last statement before the conference room burst into laughters and left me searching for corners where I could run and hide to escape the embarrassment. But the damage was done and I felt like a clown entertaining a gathering of children.
CEO (chuckling) : I never knew that bangalore was turning into something like chennai. (stop laughing you assholes if you are in gurgaon cuz ur city is next in line..)

2) It was our company fun outing and we were playing a game of Captain Ball. There was this match going between two of the teams and everyone was hooting. Suddenly our CEO who was part of one of the teams came into the game after a substitution. As soon as he started playing, I started hooting,

"Two balls in the play" (He is a fatty for the unknowns)

and it was two late for me to realize that CEO's wife who was in our team was sitting next to me.
I cursed my ill fate thinking why is it me all the time!!

No comments: